Call for Submisions for the Student Sessions
The Student Session is designed to encourage student interaction and feedback from the tutors. By providing the students with a conference-like setup, both in the presentation and in the review process, students have the opportunity to prepare their own submission, go through the selection process (peer review) and possibly present their work to themselves and their interests to their fellow students as well as internationally leading experts in the agent field, both from the theoretical and the practical sector.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed and accepted paper submissions will be assigned a 20 minute slot for presentation. Typically a presentation will either detail the intended approach to a problem or ask a specific question, directed at the audience. In addition, selected submission authors will be given the opportunity to present their work in form of a poster that will be displayed at EASSS'11. Moreover, all accepted submissions will be published in online proceedings.
As the goal is to provide the speakers with constructive feedback and the means to be introduced to the community, the competitive elements often found in conferences (best paper award, best presentation award) are intentionally omitted. The peer review will focus not on the magnitude of the presented material but on the clarity of the formulated material or whether or not the posed question is of relevance to a majority of students. Giving a good presentation is a difficult task, practicing it is the benefit of this session. The extend to which the audience has understood the details should be the criterion by which the presentations are judged.
|Abstract submission (optional):||Monday May 16th|
|Strict submission:||Wednesday May 18th|
|Notification to authors:||Friday June 3th|
|Camera Ready version:||Thursday June 30th|
|Start of the Summer School:||Monday July 11th|
- Topics are not limited but they should match with the scope of EASSS'11 Summer School.
- Papers should describe student's works at student level.
- Only students can be authors, supervisors are however strongly encouraged to, motivate there students to participate and supervise the quality of there work.
- At least one of the authors will have to register as a participant at the EASSS 2011.
- Submissions can be either long or short papers. Short papers must not exceed 4 pages including references and appendix. Accepted papers will be presented in a poster session. Long papers: up to 8 pages including references and appendix. Accepted papers will be presented orally (20 minutes slot) and, optionally, in a poster session.
- All accepted submissions will be published in online proceedings.
- Submitted article must use the AAMAS style (see www.aamas2011.tw for more details) in either .pdf or .ps format.
- Please use the following link https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sseasss11 for your submission.
If you're interested in promoting the EASSS'11 student Session at your institution feel free to forward or download, print and distribute the flyer. For any suggestion or further questions regarding the student session, email .
Student Session PC Chairs
Universität Bayreuth, Germany
Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (IIIA), Spaine
Universitat de Girona, Spain
In order to check the full Programme Committee, please check out our Organizers section.